The building was finally refurbished in 1970-74 when the lost pediment of the main facade was actually restored. Since then, restaurant “Medininkai” has been operating where the authentic interior gothic arches can be seen.
During the 16th century, it was rebuilt in the Renaissance style, the façade and niches are heavily covered with three layers of the most widespread sgraffito style. The black dye layer was charcoal and white — calcareous paint. The Sgraffito technique surrounds the friezes, window frames, and other architectural features.
Towards the end of the 17th century, the house was rented by the Vilnius magistrate Michael Moroz and merchant Juozas Steponavičius. After a great fire in 1749 the house was taken by the Ukmergës District Land Court judge, Lithuanian Supreme Tribunal Marshal Rapolas Jelenska (1712-80). In the autumn of 1770, Jelenskis signed a contract with the architect Carlo Spampani (1740-83), to combine both of houses into one, in a years’ time. He was tasked with building a new facade to the street, dwelling, brewery, stables, carriage house and brick yard with a well. After the reconstruction of the building gained early classical forms, was plastered with sgraffito technique, received a repealed pediment. During the large reconstruction years of 1865 in 1887, the building facades were decomposed of horizontal bars, angles were emphasized with Rustin and on the first floor the shop windows were cut out. The centuries-old history of the building was hidden under the veil of eclecticism.
In 1970, the PKI specialists began to explore the facades were they uncovered several architectural styles of masonry and decor items. The restored house facades show various surviving styles of the heritage of the first and second floor of the Gothic masonry, the main façade and round-arched niches, angled brick bricked storey bar and ornate Gothic frieze above the circular niches. Renaissance sgraffito was restored not only the street, but the courtyard facades (architect. E. Purlys, Elimyras Mateiča, J., Paul Pilipavičius Kuodis).
Medininkai restaurant interior was greeted positively. Its author, architect. Kestutis Gibavičius chose the stylized «ancient» interior solution. The remaining refurbished brick walls were complemented by ceramic tile flooring. Original ceiling, dark stained wood furniture, and light fixtures. Medininkai restaurant interior has long been like a good taste in an old building standard.